Instant sweet delight! Make your own almond cocoa mug cake in just 90 seconds and top it with whipped cream and strawberries. Best quick and healthy treat in these trying times.
For one mug cake
2 tbsp ground almonds (do not use deoiled almond flour. That is different)
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp soft butter or coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 tbsp erythritol or other granular low carb sweetener
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
For the topping
1/2 cup whipping cream
pinch of cinnamon powder
pinch of vanilla powder
1 tsp erythritol or other low carb sweetener (optional)
1 handful of strawberries, rinsed and cut in half
- Put all your ingredients in one large, wide coffee mug.
- Knead the mix by hand into a soft dough. If you make several mug cakes, you can mix ingredients in a large bowl and use an electric mixer if you prefer – and then transfer them to your individual mugs.
- Put your mug into the microwave and bake for 90 minutes at high power.
- For the topping, whip up your cream with the hand mixer, stirring in the dry ingredients, while you are at it. Sprinkle your plate with strawberries. Yum!
You can also bake your mug cake in the oven at 170 degrees Celsius/340 degrees Fahrenheit. It will take 15-20 minutes to be ready. Poke it with a metal skewer or sharp knife. If nothing creamy sticks to it, your cake is ready.
Nutritional information is for one whole mug cake with one topping. This is a generous portion that can actually be easily shared by two.
While a full serving contains some 20g of net carbs mostly thanks to the strawberries, the flip side is that the berries do not only contribute deliciousness, but also a lot of Vitamin C. One serving contains 90mg of Vitamin C, roughly 150% of your recommended daily value.
- Category: sweets and desserts
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: low carb/keto
- Fat: 43.4g
- Carbohydrates: 21.6g net carbs
- Protein: 13.7g