Delicious baked garlic shrimps with arugula and Greek yogurt! This super easy and quick lunch fix will make your day.
For 2 servings
20 shrimps, peeled, rinsed and de-veined
1/3 cup butter
3 garlic cloves
Juice of 1/2 lemon – keep lemon skins as they go into the baking tray for additional flavour
1 tsp of Harissa powder (sub with chili flakes or powder if not available)
1 handful arugula leaves
1 tbsp of white vinegar (for macerating arugula)
1 cup Greek yogurt (around 200 grams)
1 red pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius/350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash and the arugula leaves and soak them in a bowl of salted water with a spoon of vinegar to macerate. This will dilute some of the leaves’ bitterness.
- Squeeze lemon and set aside the juice. Chop the empty peel into quarters.
- Melt butter in the microwave (not maximum power) or the oven (at low temperature). The butter is supposed to be runny but not super hot. Stir in your lemon juice and squeeze garlic into the butter.
- Place your shrimps in a small baking tray and pour the garlic-butter mix over them. Place the lemon peel in between the shrimps, sprinkle them with Harissa powder and add salt and pepper.
- Put the shrimp into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. The shrimps are ready when pink and slightly golden.
- While the shrimps are in the oven, mix the Greek yogurt with a pinch of salt and sprinkle with harissa powder. Chop pepper into stripes and place them in a serving bowl.
- Pull out shrimps from the oven. Take arugula out of the water, shake them dry and spread them over your bake. Serve immediately.
If you need additional bite, add some savoury low carb baked goodies to your table, for example low carb herbed focaccia, Keto crackers or crisp bread.
- Category: meals
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Mediterranean