Mildly sweet fluffy cashew cream! Mix raw cashews with water, low carb sweetener and flavourful spices for a delicious heavy cream alternative. Great as topping for berries!
Makes one mason jar or large dessert bowl
1 1/2 cup raw cashews
1 cup water, room temperature
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1 pinch of powdered cardamom
1 tsp low carb brown sweetener or coconut sugar
1 pinch of sea salt
- Soak your cashews in room temperature water for at least one hour.
- After one hour of soaking, rinse your cashews and put them into a food processor. Add 1 cup of fresh room temperature water (do not use the water in which you soaked the cashews).
- Add the low carb sweetener, salt and all your spices.
- Blend at high speed for a few minutes until you have a smooth cream. Stop a few times and scrape cream sticking to the sides of the processor back down towards the bottom with a rubber spatula. Before filling your cream into a bowl or jar, check whether there are any chunks left – and if yes, continue blending a little longer. That’s it!
- Nutrition info is for the whole mason jar – so don’t get scared at the high numbers! You won’t eat it in one go, would you?
- Category: low carb basics
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: vegan
- Serving Size: 1 mason jar
- Calories: 759
- Saturated Fat: 59.2g
- Carbohydrates: 37.3g net carbs
- Protein: 24.7g
Keywords: vegan cashew whipped cream