Home-made nut granola! Easy and quick and utterly rich and delicious, with various nuts, seeds, and a hint of salt and sweetness. Perfect yogurt topping!
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup pecan nuts
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown keto sweetener (for example sukrin gold)
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp liquid honey (optional, replace with brown keto sweetener if on a vegan or very low carb diet)
- Pre-heat oven to 130 degrees C (260 degrees F).
- Chop the nuts into small pieces and put them in a bowl. Mix them with seeds, coconut sugar/brown keto sweetener, cinnamon powder and salt.
- If your coconut oil is solid, warm it in the microwave or a small pan on very low heat. The oil should just turn liquid, not become very hot.
- Add oil and honey, if using, to your nuts and thoroughly mix everything in. I use my hands to knead the mix as that helps to spread spices and liquid evenly. If you prefer not to get your hands dirty, use two spoons.
- Spread the mix to a tray and roast for 25-30 minutes until crunchy. Try one after 25 minutes to see if they’re ready.
- Category: basics
- Method: chop and roast
- Cuisine: European/American