Home-made low carb nut granola! Easy and quick and utterly rich and delicious, with various nuts, seeds, and a hint of salt and sweetness. Perfect yogurt topping!
For one large mason jar:
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup pecan nuts
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown keto sweetener (for example sukrin gold)
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup (optional, replace with brown keto sweetener if on a very low carb diet. Liquid honey is another option, yet no longer vegan)
- Pre-heat oven to 130 degrees C (260 degrees F).
- Chop the nuts into small pieces and put them in a bowl. Mix them with seeds, coconut sugar/brown keto sweetener, cinnamon powder and salt.
- If your coconut oil is solid, quickly melt it in the microwave or a small pan on very low heat. The oil should just turn liquid, not become very hot.
- Add oil and maple syrup, if using, to your nuts and thoroughly mix everything in. I use my hands to knead the mix as that helps to spread spices and liquid evenly. If you prefer not to get your hands dirty, use two spoons.
- Spread the mix to a tray and roast for 25-30 minutes until crunchy. Try one after 25 minutes to see if they’re ready.
The carb count is for one serving, assuming that you divide your mason jar into ten servings, which is roughly what i usually do. So multiply by ten and you get the total carb and nutrient amount of the whole recipe!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: chop and roast
- Cuisine: European/American
- Serving Size: 1 serving (1/10 of jar)
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 0.8g
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 4.1g net carbs
- Protein: 5.4g