Made in minutes as perfect side for Asian cuisine: quickly fried cauliflower rice – plain or with eggs and garlic
serving 4-6 people
1 midsize cauliflower
1 tbsp coconut or olive oil for frying
sea salt to taste
For FRIED RICE VERSION, add:
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 sprig of spring onion, chopped and separated into white and green parts
pinch of salt and pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets – you can use the chunk as well! Then blend to fine pieces in a food processor.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once it is hot, add the cauliflower rice and immediately start stirring. Keep stirring, while adding some salt and a little pepper to taste. The rice should be ready after 2-3 minutes – still a bit crunchy but no longer raw. Serve immediately with your mains.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl with a little sea salt and fry in a non-stick pan like an omelette. Cut into pieces and set aside
- Clean the pan and add a little more oil. Quickly stir-fry the garlic and the white parts of the spring onion. Oncet they emit scent, add the cauliflower rice, and keep stirring.
- After a few minutes, the rice is ready. Now, mix in the egg pieces. Serve immediately with your mains.
To add even more crunch, you can add a few cucumber sticks and/or salad leaves to the cauli rice which makes the combo even better and even healthier. These raw nibbles are served in many South East Asian countries in just the same way. So it’s actually a pretty authentic addition.
In a tightly sealed container, you can keep raw cauliflower rice in the fridge for an extra day or two. The same is true for rice already fried. Just quickly re-fry it when you plan to eat it.
- Category: Basics
- Method: stir-fry
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 100g cauli rice
- Calories: 65
- Fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrates: 3g net carbs
- Protein: 1.9g