The best cream and berries combo! This super easy recipe gives you all the delicious creaminess of a true dessert without the sugar. Top your chocolate-infused cream with your favourite berries and pecan nuts.
For 2 serving bowls
150 ml full fat whipping cream or heavy cream
1/2 cup strawberries, halved or quartered
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp granulated keto sweetener (optional)
2 tbsp high quality dark chocolate, finely chopped or sliced (at least 85% cocoa content)
2 tbsp raw pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp of vanilla powder
- Pour cream into a bowl and start whipping with a hand mixer. When the cream starts becoming fluffy, add cinnamon, vanilla and keto sweetener if using. Keep whipping until the cream reaches your preferred firmness.
- Wash and rinse your berries. Chop strawberries into halves or quarters, depending on their size. Leave blueberries whole or cut them in half.
- Finely chop your dark chocolate or cut it into thin stripes. Coarsely chop the pecan nuts.
- Mix the chocolate into the cream with a spoon.
- Divide your cream into two serving bowls. Top the cream with your berries and sprinkle with nuts.
- Serve as dessert or on its own – with a coffee, tea, sparkling or a glass of white wine.
- Experiment with your berries: Raspberries and blackberries are super yummy too.
- If you can’t get or don’t like pecan nuts, use walnuts instead
- If you use cashew cream, you may opt to not use additional nuts as a topping.
- Category: desserts
- Method: whisk and chop
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: easy low carb cream and berry dessert