Creamy and a little spicy, this low carb raita with pomegranate seeds is delicious with just about any roasted or raw vegetable. Or you pair it with any Indian or Mediterranean spiced protein.
More details on pomegranate and how to make this recipe seeds above in my post.
For one medium sized serving bowl
2 cups natural unsweetened yogurt (full-fat)
1/2 tsp cumin powder – and more as garnish
1/4 tsp chili powder – and more as garnish
pinch of salt, to taste
pinch of coconut sugar or white keto sweetener such as erythritol
- Cut your pomegranate in half and take out the arils/seeds.
- Pour the yogurt into a large enough serving bowl and stir well until smooth.
- Add salt, sugar and spices and mix them into the yogurt. Be careful not to overspice – rather thaste and add more of any if you like.
- Carefully mix in most of the pomegranate seeds and use a few to sprinkle on top.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of your spices as well and serve.
- Serve with any Mediterranean or South Asian-style salad, vegetable or protein dish.
You can start playing around with this “recipe” by using or adding other spices or herbs.
- Category: dips and sauces
- Method: cold mix
- Cuisine: Indian