Creamy, spicy, tangy: This intensely red soup appeals to all the senses and warms you up from the inside. Plant-based and easy to make!
1kg tomatoes, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 large onion, chopped
1 chili, finely chopped and deseeded unless you like fiery spice
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/3 cup coconut milk
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt to taste
Fresh black pepper from the mill
1 handful parsley leaves, chopped
2 tbsp almonds, chopped
- Put a large pot to medium heat and add olive oil. Fry onion, garlic and chili pieces for about 2 minutes. Then, add the tomatoes, stir a bit and put in the bell peppers. Turn the heat up to bring the mix to a boil. Stir regularly.
- After a few minutes, turn heat down and keep the soup simmering for about 25 minutes. Add salt, pepper and spices. Keep stirring regularly to prevent the soup to stick to the bottom.
- Once the tomatoes and bell peppers start falling apart, use a hand blender to puree the soup, leaving a few small chunks intact if you like. Pour in the coconut milk and mix well and warm up once more. Taste the soup and add more salt if needed.
- To serve, pour soup into bowls and sprinkle generously with chopped parsley leaves and almond pieces.
- Category: soups
- Method: cook and simmer
- Cuisine: European
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 174
- Fat: 10.7g
- Carbohydrates: 12.8g net carbs
- Protein: 4.9g