Colourful and healthy: Spinach salad with feta, nuts and mango! Have this delicious, moderately low carb salad brighten up your day and boost your immune system.
For 2 servings
1 bushel of baby spinach
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup feta cubes
1/2 mango, diced
1/3 cup of walnuts and/or pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
For the vinaigrette:
3 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, pressed or finely chopped
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp dried basil leaves
sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash and rinse the spinach leaves. You can use them with stems on but make sure that you cut off broken or dirty parts.
- Whisk all ingredients for the vinaigrette together in a small bowl.
- Put spinach, tomatoes and mango into a large bowl and mix. Add the vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle salad with nuts and feta and serve immediately.
- If you are not into feta, replace it with soft Italian mozzarella, cut in cubes. Buffalo mozzarella is best, if you can get it.
- For a nut-free version, use a mix of pumpkin and sunflower seeds instead.
- For a plant-based version, you can replace feta with crispy tofu cubes (https://minimalistbaker.com/quick-easy-crispy-tofu/) or vegan cheese.
- Category: salads
- Method: chop and mix
- Cuisine: European
- Calories: 415
- Fat: 38.7g
- Carbohydrates: 10.6g net carbs
- Protein: 7.9g
Keywords: spinach salad with feta, nuts and mango