This low carb vegan golden milk is full of spices and warms you up
from the inside after a winter walk. Just heat some soy milk and add turmeric, keto sweetener and a few delicous spices!
For 2 servings
2 cups unsweetened soy milk
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown keto sweetener (for example sukrin gold)
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp ginger powder
pinch of cardamom
- Heat your soy milk in a small pot on medium heat. Heat it until it gets really hot with small bubbles forming – but not to the boil. Stir constantly. That would take a few minutes.
- Put heat down a notch, and add your sweetener and stir again – the sweetener goes in first on order to give it time to dissolve properly.
- Then add your spices and stir. Keep heat at medium-low and wait until those bubbles form again.
- Remove from heat and wait for a minute. If a think skin forms on the surface, remove it with a strainer spoon. Taste and add more sweetener of spices if you feel the need.
- Serve hot with a small bowl of mixed nuts.
Sub soy milk with cow’s milk if you prefer – and make the recipe in the exact same way.
- Category: drinks
- Method: stir and cook
- Cuisine: international