Delicious chocolate cream cheese balls! Enjoy these no-bake low carb truffles made with cocoa, ground almonds and cream cheese, and covered with coconut flakes. Best served with fresh strawberries!
1 1/2 cups ground almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp erythritol
5 tbsp liquid coconut oil
5 heaped tbsp soft plain cream cheese
- If your coconut oil is solid, warm it a little bit until it becomes liquid. It should not be hot.
- Mix all dry ingredients (almonds, cocoa, coconut sugar and erythritol) in a large bowl and make sure everything is blended well.
- Prepare a board for rolling the balls with a small pile of desiccated coconut.
- Add cream cheese and coconut oil to the bowl and knead everything into a soft dark brown dough.
- Pull out small bunches from the dough and roll them into balls somewhat smaller than table tennis balls. I call that size two-bite size. Roll each ball through the coconut until covered with it.
- Put your truffles into a flat glass jar and refrigerate before serving. That will solidify the balls which are quite warm and soft after the kneading and rolling. The coconut oil will harden again, so the balls will be easier to eat.
Nutrition information is for one ball, assuming you have a yield of 27 balls.
- Category: sweets and desserts
- Method: mix and roll
- Cuisine: European
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 63
- Fat: 5.1g
- Carbohydrates: 2.1g net carbs
- Protein: 1.6g
Keywords: Chocolate almond cream cheese balls