Dark chocolate and nuts! The best combo, easily mixed in minutes into these delicious, low carb and guilt free bites. Vegan and only 5 ingredients!
For 15–20 pieces
200g dark chocolate (85% cocoa content or more)
2 tbsp walnuts, chopped
2 tbsp hazelnuts, chopped
1 tbsp sukrin gold (or other brown low carb sweetener)
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Chop your nuts into small pieces with a knife.
- Melt your coconut oil in the microwave for a few seconds if it is not in a liquid state. If you don’t have a microwave, melt it together with the chocolate in a a bain-marie/double boiler.
- Break chocolate into pieces. The chocolate can be melted in a bain-marie/double boiler or in a microwave. For the double boiler/bain-marie, place a small pot with your chocolate pieces into a larger saucepan with just-boiled water that is on the stove on very low heat. Once the chocolate is half-melted, take the chocolate pot out and stir the chocolate until fully melted. Make sure no water splashes into the chocolate. In the microwave, place chocolate pieces into a bowl, and put it on high for 60 seconds and check. If the chocolate is not yet half-melted, zap for another 30 seconds. Then remove and stir until fully melted.
- Stir in the sukrin gold and the coconut oil into the warm chocolate. Make sure to mix very well.
- Pour the chocolate sauce into one or two containers with flat bottom (altogether sized around 20 square centimeters/3 square inches for 1 serving of this recipe). The liquid should be around 5 millimeters deep.
- Sprinkle the nut pieces over the chocolate and refrigerate for at least one hour. The chocolate needs to be completely solid.
- Once solid, carefully remove the chocolate from the container. cut or break it into pieces and serve. For storing, put them into a sealed container and place it inside the fridge. Pull them out a few minutes before serving. Chocolate has more flavour at room temperature.
Nutrition facts are per chocolate bite, assuming you have 20 pieces.
- Category: sweets
- Method: chopping, melting, refrigerating
- Cuisine: European
- Serving Size: 20 pieces
- Calories: 70
- Fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6g net carbs
- Protein: 1g