Delicious low carb cookies with cream cheese and dark chocolate! Let’s go and bake some yummy no-flour cookies for the holiday season!
Makes 25–30 pieces
For the cookies:
60 g unsalted soft butter (2 ounces)
60g cream cheese (2 ounces)
40g dark chocolate, finely chopped (1.5 ounces)
2 cups almond flour
6 tbsp erythritol or other granulated low carb sweetener
1 tbsp psyllium husks
1 tsp baking powder
For the cream:
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tsp erythritol
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl: Almond flour, erythritol, baking powder and psyllium husks
- Add eggs, butter, cream cheese and chocolate pieces and knead the mix into a dough. I do this using my hands (thoroughly washed before working the dough), but you can try use a food processor as well.
- Set dough aside for 30 minutes to sit.
- Put your oven at 180 degrees Celsius/355 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking tray with a sheet (I use silicon multiple-use baking sheets but parchment paper is fine too)
- Knead your dough again and form 25-30 little dough balls. Place them on a board.
- Now, pick up your dough balls one by one, pressing them slightly between your hands. Put them down on the tray and press them flat. They should be about 5 millimetres thick.
- Put the tray into your oven and bake your cookies for about 20 minutes. They are ready when they are golden brown. When you pull the tray out of the oven, the cookies are still a little soft. Once they start to cool, they will become more crunchy.
- If you like to eat the cookies with cream, prepare it now. Simply mix cream with erythritol, cocoa powder and cinnamon and whip it up until fluffy. Serve the cream in a small bowl alongside the cookies or decorate each cookie with a small dollop.