Perfect replacement for potatoes! Make these yummy low carb fried celeriac ‘potatoes’ as a side for just about any protein, and serve it all with a fresh salad and a dip.
Check out more details about how to make this recipe above in my post.
For 2 servings:
500g celeriac root
1 tsp whole cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika powder
1/2 tsp sea salt and more to taste
2 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
For optional yogurt dip:
1/2 cup full-fat natural yogurt
1 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
1–2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs such as parsley or dill
splash of lemon juice
salt and black pepper from the mill, to taste
- Peel the root, clean it thoroughly and chop it into cubes of a little under 2 centimeters sidelength.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add 2 tbps rapeseed or olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add cumin and smoked paprika powder and stir until the pan emits the spices’ scent.
- Add the celeriac and stir vigorously so that all pieces are coated with oil and spice. Season with half a teaspoon of salt and stir again. Keep the pieces in the pan until your celeriac piece are golden brown and well cooked but still slightly crunchy. That should take you 15-20 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally. Taste to see if you need more salt and serve.
- For a bowl of the optional yogurt dip: Stir yogurt with mayonnaise until smooth. Add chopped herbs, a bit of salt, pepper and finally a splash of lemon juice. Mix everything well and serve.
For how to make your own full-fat yogurt, you can check my home made yogurt post.
- Category: low carb basics and sides
- Method: chop and fry
- Cuisine: Northern European